Tuesday, May 4, 2010

daylily discouragement...


well I'm researcing lately about rust and daylilies. I've never ever ever had such a problem before, and only daylilies I have brought home are from COHS daylily sale or from Midnight gardens which have always been very healthy choices. anyway, in the pic you can see the leaves of the daylilies. just a few in different places, I"m not completely convinced it's rust though because online the pics look more textured and blotchy, not as segmented as seen here. and these are the bottom leaves only. so I think I'll have to buck up and get a soil test done, maybe my ph is out of whack. no telling...another thing on a few daylilies is the center leaves sort of just flop over, and then another day they might look just fine,hmmmm but overall. all other bulbes coming up just wonderfully. I even have some scapes on a few, like SIloam Amazing Grace which is an early yellow. and then this year, a new one, Midnight Grape Splash. And I'm excited to see a red daylily so early. I am already planning on dividing it up all over the garden for future staggered timing of blooms. :)

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...