Thursday, October 22, 2009

fall dahlias


I tried out some dahlia bulbs this summer and they didn't bloom all that much this summer, it was either too hot or dry or windy or who knows.... but finally this fall as it cooled and rained and rained, the start creeping up and putting out buds. they are very straggly and need a lot of staking. As you can see, in this bed they went all over the yucca plant which I kinda like the way it supports the stems. I may try to do it again next summer so that there is something blooming in the fall once everything else is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...