Friday, January 15, 2010

some of last year's successful plants...


I was happy with the way all these plants ended up looking together as they grew throughout the summer. so much color with just a variety in foliage. the colius and purple heart made a good contrast with the gray and blue-green shades. the yellow and green amaranthus was a monster a month after this pic. I'll definitely plant lots more amaranthus this next year.
this has to be one of the best set and forget plants for OKC summers. this hibiscus is on the side of the house between mine and the house on the north and I forget it's there sometime, and just look how it blooms. I collected these seeds from hibiscus plants at the state capitol. hardy hardy ( although I think it might get some watering from the draining of the neighbor's AC..)

1 comment:

  1. came across your blog by accident, but a pleasant find at any rate :) nice garden :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...