Saturday, August 3, 2013

from the National tour , bus #2's stop at Steve Horan's garden


these photos are from Steve Horan's garden during the tour.  The first photo above was one of my favorites, Teenie Girl (Reinke 2005) and the next photo shows a rose bush I'm definitely ordering this fall for a trial in my beds, Rosa Glauca. I love stuff with purply red grey colors...
Below is a photo of Caitlyn McKenzie (Val-Hansen 2006)  although I don't grow tetraploids, and the other one below just GLOWED in the shade where Steve had it planted, Follow Yellow Brick Road (Gossard 2008).

The setting above really caught my attention and I hope to duplicate with a planter in the middle and long airy guara hanging surrounding and hanging over from pots. Below is the daylily I bought right when I got home, North Wind Moe  and another I can only find online in Canada but will continue searching... Old Termite. what a great/brown wonder!

Another great thing in the backyeard was this water feature and when I noticed the Japanese Maple planted there in the middle of things, I had to ask whether the roots were invasive, and Steve didn't seem to think so. Now i can add Japanes Maple to my list of trees I want to trial this fall in my OKC garden!!! (  I'll try the 'Flamingo' variety which is pinker in the spring)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...