Sunday, June 20, 2010

COHS daylily show...2010

great time Saturday at the Daylily show at the Will Rogers Garden Center in OKC. My first to experience and enter since I've joined the Central Oklahoma Hemerocallis Society. It was great to see members brind in various entries if not for competition then just to share what everyone is growing. I also got the opportunity to serve as "clerk" during the judging which allowed me to hear what will win or lose points on a flower and stem. We had an early peak this year for blooming, but everyone brought what they could.

above is an entry of "Siloam Queen Bee" which I didn't quite groom right although they say more blooms is a better show. but it's one of my favorites in the garden. I probably sounded like a broken record telling everyone how my house is grey with navy shutters and how this flower just pops out in front of it. the flower above on the right was the entry that one my first purple ribbon. yeah. "Tuscawilla Snowdrift" which has blooming for a while and forms a nice nice clump in the corner of a bed in the front garden.
off scape entries since I couldn't bear to cut stems of these flower... Siloam Sleigh Ride and Siloam Copper Kettle (my all time favorite in the garden!).
the fun part of showing is learning of new flowers you might like to grow. Here are ones I wanted to remember, Little Peter Piper and Grey Witch.
Clint Barnes who one best in show with King Kahuna, a double daylily. this is the winners table where member Laurie and club president Brenda also had winning entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...