Monday, June 28, 2010

June summer tour....

Well I wasn't able to go with the COHS garden tour and trip to regionals in St Louis last weekend, so I"m posting pics of my own garden tour at home. just thought it would be fun to share what's growing out there in my small yard.


This pic is on the north side of the house. I sometimes will put a candle in the blue insulator hanging there.


This is a nice clump of Siloam Ury Winniford which is nice and tall and good behind other daylilies, also nice with purply dark leaved plants behind it.


Southwest side of the house in front....


this picture is north side of the house. I like using tropical houseplants in the garden during the summer, such as the rubber tree in this pic. I like the dark glossy color of the leaves.

These pics show how I like putting the purple drumstick allium in my daylily bed for the COLOR. the daylilies here are bold colors of S. Copper Kettle, S. Sleigh Ride, and S. Queen Bee.
there's a small slowgrowing tree in the middle of this bed called a Tricolor Beech, but it won't last much longer in this heat, although it does come back with beautiful leaves in spring....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...