Sunday, June 27, 2010

double or nothing .....


I was mighty pleased with the above bloom when this seedling opened a few weeks ago. It was a lot nicer and bigger than last summer and I began thinking, oh what a nice clump that will make someday....then a few days later I get a bloom with some doubling on the right side....and I thought, hmm a monstery deformed thing....
which was followed by a bloom the few days with doubling on the left...I thought, now what?
and then a few days later this bloom opened and finally I see a fully double bloom. took me by surprise that morning as I was coming around from the other side of the house. Yes, I like big doubles. It's really quite fun to mix around pollen and see what flowers you can end up with. A serious hybridizer might take this and develop consistency of doubling, better branching and bud count etc... but I'm only pollenating for fun, and what I like I'll keep. What I don't like can get thrown out or to a neighbor. This one I'll keep. Double or no, I like it! :P

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...