Saturday, April 26, 2014

springs busting out all over...


some iris blooming outside, a new one with white and beige.  the corner bed with the woodland phlox blooming away and the new Confetti Ligularia trying to steal the show, some nice light green fern adds a nice highlight.  the third photo shows the daylily bed with some thing crowding around. I like all the mix of leaf color. rose champion, sedum, and the yellowish 'Lightning Flash' coreopsis.

above photo is looking back west from the north side of house. lot's of varied leaf texture and color with the heuchera mixed in with the daylilies and on the right penstemon.
Below is a new heuchera 'Marble' something. next I'm glad to see the Japanese mint came back from last summer, and two hostas, Striptease really growing strong in a planter out back! and then June hosta on the north side of house. I have a ring of copper at the base of this to keep off the snails/slugs. worked pretty well last year, we'll see if it does this summer. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...