Saturday, June 18, 2011

more june daylilies...

first pic is Gary Player, a new one to the yard this year, very nice light purple. I forget why I bought this, I think I saw it was the parent of something too expensive that I liked. but I can say it had lots of scapes and blooms for its first year. WHen I got it last summer I stuck it in a pot in the back yard and it kept healthy and came back strong this spring. yippee. the next two are Midnight SMoke RIngs which I love and have in 3 places this summer and then SIloam David Kirchoff. these two flowers share the different shading that happens in hot/cool weather when they open. but always pretty I think.

last one is my personal favorite daylily which grows all over the house but blooms sporadically sometimes gorgeous, but most of the times withering little brown buds. blah, this year being so hot I got more shriveled buds that usual. phooey. SIlaom Copper Kettle, when it does bloom it really shines. :) I love the way it looks next to the golden tansy and drumstick allium. If you're not already growing drumstick allium, it's cheap and easy enough you should for some bold purple in the garden.
last photo is a light grean coleus I've been really happy with between hosta 'Francis Williams' and my new fothergilla 'Blue Shadow' bush. Can't wait to see if it will have the fall color I'm hoping for. :)
click on any photo for larger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...