Tuesday, June 7, 2011

need some rain to put out the fire in these flowers....


The first photo is "Roses in Snow" or something like that. It was leftover from last fall's daylily club sale so I brought it home to grow for the next sale. I'll also use pics of this for a post called "daylilies I already know are getting purged from the flowerbed"... to make room for stuff I'm shopping for now. ha... however it does have a nice bright color and yet I need the room.
(It was a goner from the start though because I prefer NOT to grow tetraploids, my one exception being Happy Apache only!) The second photo is Siloam Queen Bee, a staple in my yard and spread out into each bed for the COLOR. :) the third photo is Midnight Red Velvet, something that arrived in place of something else, but I like it's deep red color and vigorous growth.
click on any photo for a better view....

The last three photos are something new in the yard this year, Amazonian Fever, from Darrell Apps of Woodside Nursery. It a smaller bloom like the previous two, but I love the rich orangey red color. it also has the glittery shiny effect in the light. rich rich color. on fire! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...