Friday, June 22, 2012

few for Friday ----- :)


I was at the Topgun's nursery this morning and took a picture of this double daylily, probably a tetraploid, I really like the full peony type doubles. next is a picture I took of an Echinacea that I thought had a nice yellow. I came home with a few sedum, hydrangeas, and japanese painted fern. ha

I'm not sure if I posted these blooms yet. both were open today, the first is Siloam Ethel Smith and the last one is Siloam Elfin's Jewel. I don't really like S. Ethel Smith but because it's a siloam I have it. also I like it 'cause it blooms late and adds color to the garden when everything else has bloomed. : S. Elfin Jewel I have put on a few other patterned mini's and look forward to seeing what it might do...I"m not in love with this one's colors anyway, kind of a weird pair up and pale..but I think if you got some different colors or patterns in there could be really interesting. that reminds me I want the daylily Jason Salter, a big pale sort of eye but it's very catching.


and last just a few yard shots.. the north bed again - I took this pic because of the red coleus and the perilla together with some blooms in back. I have S. Queen Bee all over the garden just for a little punch of orange here and there... last pic show the Arkansas Amsonia in the front bed. really like the textures of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...