Tuesday, June 11, 2013

bloom beginning to make a show...


see that flash of yellow in the midst of everything? That's Double River Wye... so light and airy and bright. Usually this is an early blooming one for me, like end of May, but everything is late this year, so again it is earlier than most while the others are just budding and getting ready, won't be long. I like the sole explosion of flowers from this one though, as if an introduction to the show of flowers and colors to come.

what's that? you prefer flat round or spidery flowers? don't like doubles? phooey, how can you resist such a burst of wispy lightness, as strong and fragile as a butterfly first growing its wings, the dance of petals appear ready to jump off into flight. come on, try out Double River Wye why don't ya.... :)

last two photos are north of the car port, I was excited to try this green/yellow Japanese Mint in the shade this year to brighten it up. It should be a perennial if it can make it through our long hot dry summers... and the last photo shows where I've allowed a smooth sumac to grow. At first I planted it in the bed, and then hated it and tried to dig up all the sucker roots, and then it came up on the edge like this near the drive and I actually like it. It completes the intentions I had in the first place to sort of grow it as a native ornamental for it's bright red fall color. But this morning I decided I really like the contrast of the buds appearing with the darker compound leaves fanned out below..
flo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...