Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday flowers still blooming in June,...


I got this lacecap Hydrangea 'Shooting Star' (although online there are many other names)  at a Whole Foods grocery store in Austin a few years ago, and it never bloomed again. This last winter I brought it inside instead of leaving it outside all winter and that really helped. turns out it blooms on old wood so I'll bring it in again this winter so as not to kill it back to the roots.  I couldn't be more thrilled to see it bloom again.

two seedlings, the first one is pretty regular looking but I like the when there is a dark ring around a lighter eye like that, and the 2nd one above is sort of an interesting pink, but I'll have to see this afternoon if it stays or fades etc.....

wow, lots of blooms on Grey Witch this morning, this thing is in the shade and has increase greatly in just 2 years! and that was even through the droughts. ha.  BELOW is that spider surprise seedling that I already posted and then the last pic is Siloam Ebony Doll, doesn't it look like it could just match a Dr. Pepper can? ha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...