Saturday, June 1, 2013

central park gardening.... NYC

went to NYC in may and took lots of photos while walking around Central park. I'm sharing a few of these here. I don't know the names of the flowering shrubs to the left but they looked great! I recognized a few plants though like the perennial cardoon/artichoke and white allium bulbs used. I really like all the different colors of plants used here. I also visited the High Line, and was pleased to see a lot of drought tolerant plants I know from my own garden, the smokebush, Amsonia, and Baptisia, also saw a lot of Allium bulbs, I really like the spread of the white ones.  I kept noticing trees and plants while walking around the city. May is definitely a great time to try visiting NYC! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...