Friday, June 21, 2013

June garden continues.....


These first two are another photo of Grandfather Time (Wild 1966) which I plan to hybridize with some things for its height and color.  I like the hybridizing strategy of mixing old with new etc
Does anyone else keep that in mind? or are you pretty on pretty or straight up plant habit??
although I know it's all about bud count these days right? ha  next one is Pink Stripes (Derrow '06) which I like in the garden only as an interesting specimen plant, I don't plan to cross it with anything because with my faulty/sometimes nonexistent record keeping, I'd lose it in the bloodline and don't want it mixed in, if that makes sense, although now I'm thinking maybe it'd look good on a double flower.... hmmmm ... nah, one must refine goals.

the first one above is another double cross which I thought had a nice blend of fiery colors. The next one is another S. Rhinestone cross, I like how the watermark is carried along in this one faintly as if that part is a brighter red. Can't beat how it kept the nice form. nothing new, but it's mine....

volunteer sunflower I let grow.... I reached way above my  head with the camera this morning to see if I could get a shot from above. yup!

a few spiders, something I swore I'd never grow alas.... Midnight Barbara Blossum (R. Anderson '11)  and Noelani (Mahieu/Burris '07). first time blooming in the yard this summer. I am really happy that Noelani has a redder look than in other photos I've seen online. ha

two more seedlings above here, the first one just so big and one of my first crosses from '03 or so... and the next one, I don't usually post the ugly muddy ones but just thought I'd share the way this one has a sort of veining effect.  Note to self - I still want Mapping Carolina! :P

--yes I went up on the roof for this photo, the cloudy day sunlight seemed just right to get a shot of the North bed. ha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I aim to live a life serving others. I enjoy doing the random unusual thing versus the ordinary. I love my family. I love my job. I continue to dream of marriage and children, living in a cabin in the woods, travel, writing or educational t.v., teaching in another country again. to continue learning to deny self

feed the fish with a click...